Sunday, February 27, 2005

Mazatlan Through A Child's Eyes

When we arrived in Mazatlan in December I knew we were in for an adventure as soon as we jumped into this vehicle that resembled a golf cart. Hey, I didn't even have to sit in my car seat! The man that drove the golf cart played really loud music. His vehicle didn't have any windows and Mom & Dad held us tight as the wind blew through our hair as we drove along this really big beach.
We stopped to watch a man jump off this really big rock. Everyone was quiet until he hit the water. Dad gave the jumper some money because that is how he feeds his family.
The next day we did a whole bunch of walking along the ocean. I met lots of nice people selling neat stuff. Dad was kinda strange? He would start yelling numbers out to the lady, and then she would shake her head no and then Dad would start yelling out another number.The nice lady would then smile and Dad would give her some funny money in exchange for a t-shirt.
Later that day we went to this really big fish tank. It reminded me of the movie Finding Nemo. I even got a kiss on the cheek from a big sea lion!
What was fun at night was going out for dinner with my little brother and my parents. We went to this Canada place and this man sang while I ate my burger. Mom and I even had a few dances while Dad kept grabbing these brown pops out of this silver bucket.
Luke and I didn't mind going places cuz we never have to stand in line. Dad was much happier too.
My mostest fun was making sand castles and collecting shells with my brother at Stone Island. We took this big wooden boat across the ocean to this beach. People kept coming up to my Dad to shake his hand and invite us to sit under their grass hut? The whole beach was lined with these huts. We finally stopped at Victor's hut and he kept my Dad fed and watered while we got to play in the sand and water.
The mornings were really funny because when my little brother would wake-up the first words out of his mouth was beach! beach! beach! I guess that was what he must have been dreaming about at night.
All day and night we would see people walking, running and biking along the ocean sidewalk. At night it was really cool watching the sun turn orange and then fall into the ocean. Dad didn't do a very good job explaining how the sun got back into the sky in the morning?
I got to play lots with kids from Mazatlan and learned lots of new words. My most favorite friend was little Eric. His Dad helped fix up our condo. Even though we didn't always understand each other we still had fun playing. Mom and Dad said we can maybe go to school for a few weeks sometime when we visit.
Adios Amigo! Se ya next December!
- Hannah Bunn

My wife and I never believed in our wildest dreams that we would some day have a condo with a view of the ocean on a beach in Mexico. That dream became reality in October 2003 when we found our dream on the internet. We had never been to Mazatlan but took the plunge with an offer subject to viewing the property later that month. The rest is history!

We love our three week trips each december with our two small children. Now we have decided to spend the next school year living in a Mexican middle class neighbourhood as our children spend a school term learning the language and the culture of the Mexican people we so much love!

Alan & Jackie Bunn.

Our web site. www.mazatlancondo.ca

1 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home